One Man's Junk is Another Woman's Art

Sometimes the term "starving artist" applies not because of how art sells, but because art supplies can be costly. I would love access to a 50 foot canvas, but my wallet says otherwise. So, sometimes, one has to take other measures.

I love painted wooden art. It can make something look more alive than in other mediums. So, when a family member was cleaning out a workshop, I asked if they set aside any wood at all, no matter what the wear. I went over because they were unsure, and was pleasantly surprised. Every shape and size piece you could  manage was awaiting me. On top of that, rope, twine, brushes, I was in heaven. I managed to salvage a few other pieces like some cigar boxes and a 1980 Olympics McDonald's Cup. But the wood- that made this starving artist squeal. I am excited to get started on more projects (and of course put them in my Etsy shop for purchase!). Here's to second chances at beauty!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How We Pulled Off a Rainy Day Beach Day in Our Apartment (Tips, Playlist, Recipes)

Mental Realness Vol. 1: Who I Am is Who I Am

New art update!