Super Easy and Delicious Coconut Custard Pie (Gluten Free Friendly)

I love a good pie. It is the perfect way to end a meal. Yet, since I was diagnosed with celiac several years ago, a good pie has not been as easy to come by. In the early years it was a struggle, but I have learned to adapt. Once you can figure out what replacement flour to use, it becomes second nature to convert a recipe. But sometimes, you find that perfect recipe that doesn't need to be converted and everyone can enjoy it and your friends won't scoff when you say it is gluten free. (Seriously, it doesn't always taste like paper. You'd be surprised how many times I won't say something is g-free and people love it anyway)

Every Easter and Thanksgiving I like to make sure that I am included in the big dessert spread. So, I make my signature coconut custard pie. It is easy, delicious, and honestly I would eat the whole thing in one sitting if that were polite.

Flour, eggs, suggar, milk, butter, vanilla, salt, coconut. Boom. Bake. Done. Enjoy!

Ingredients:

1/2 cup flour (for those not on gluten, use any gluten free flour of your choosing, I used a standard baking mix. coconut flour would work best)

1/2 cup sugar

2 cups milk

4 large eggs

1/4 cup butter, melted

1 Tsp. vanilla

1/4 tsp salt

2 cups flaked coconut (for less coconut, use 1 1/2 cups. this version gives you a lot of coconut in every bite)

To prepare:
Preheat oven to 350. Combine all ingredients except the coconut in a bowl and beat well. Stir in the coconut. Pour into 9 inch pie pan. Bake for 40 minutes. Let chill for 4 hours or overnight. Serve. Swoon.

Easy and delicious. The hard part is not eating it all before the guests arrive!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How We Pulled Off a Rainy Day Beach Day in Our Apartment (Tips, Playlist, Recipes)

Mental Realness Vol. 1: Who I Am is Who I Am

New art update!