A Yummy, Grown Up Twist for Iced Coffee

It has been a while since I have done a "What's in Your Cup" update, sadly I was lacking original inspiration lately. But, I found it! August is all about picnics. People relax poolside and socialize and there is food and drink aplenty. But, sometimes the same drinks get predictable. If you want to shake things up, try putting a fresh spin on iced coffee! Maybe chocolate flavored vodka?


I was recently given a mini-bar sized bottle of Veil's Chocolate Vodka. I am not one to mix my liquor with milk, so I decided on making my own "mocha". I used a hazelnut iced coffee k-cup (6 ounces of water- so it is a 1 to 3 ratio for mixing but 1 to 4 would work well too), and the result was magical. I took a tumbler and filled it with ice and the vodka. In the mug for the coffee I added some truvia sweetener and a touch of that powdered creamer. Once the k-cup brewed, I poured it in with the ice and vodka and gave the tumbler a good shake. It was mocha and hazelnut madness without that vodka aftertaste. Even when I opened the bottle, there was a good cocoa smell. I recommend it for picnics or with dessert. I know that I will be going out to buy a bottle for myself now for sure!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How We Pulled Off a Rainy Day Beach Day in Our Apartment (Tips, Playlist, Recipes)

Mental Realness Vol. 1: Who I Am is Who I Am

New art update!