Ridiculously Easy, Delicious Sausage and Peppers

Picnics, football games, rainy days, and family gatherings all call for a versatile and amazing meal. Back before my doctor uttered the word "celiac", my go-to fill you up sandwich was sausage and peppers. Savory, slightly sweet, and completely filling, it always hit the spot, and it is a year round staple that is easy to make for 1 or 20. I swear it is a must have at a sports event on a crisp Autumn day. Thankfully, I could easily make it in my post-diagnosis life, and it is just as delicious. I made it in the afternoon, and the house smelled great all day. It is great to throw into a container and reheat for a grab and go meal, too.

The other day, the garden was filled with tomatoes, bell peppers, and banana peppers. I also happened to have some sausage left over from when I made Frogmore Stew. I was short on time, but there was no way I was going to pass up the opportunity to make backyard fresh sausage and peppers. So, I worked out a quick way to whip them up, and my stomach was very pleased. I will make this again very soon, it was that good. As usual, this recipe was made gluten free because I have to. So, it is safe for those who need it, and just as good for those who prefer their food gluten filled.

Nothing makes me happier than delicious flavors mingling
platter, up!



2 servings, increase accordingly.
6 sweet Italian sausage links
2 bell peppers, cut into 1 inch strips
1 banana pepper, cut into 1 inch strips
1 cup finely sliced onion
1 cup tomatoes, chopped into small pieces
2 tsp garlic salt (or season to your taste)
2 tsp oregano (or season to your taste)
1 Tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil (or pour until it is just enough to cover your pan)

In a skillet, heat olive oil and add your sausage, turning often until evenly browned. Remove from the pan and place on a paper towel.

Take sliced peppers and onions and add them to the skillet, let them soften with a hint of black on the pepper. Thrown in your garlic salt, oregano, tomatoes, and sausage. Cover and let simmer for about 15-20 minutes. The tomatoes will cook down a lot and everything will flavor each other. I stirred it every few minutes so they mingle well.

When everything is cooked to your desire, and the sausage is no longer pink in the middle, serve and savor!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How We Pulled Off a Rainy Day Beach Day in Our Apartment (Tips, Playlist, Recipes)

Mental Realness Vol. 1: Who I Am is Who I Am

New art update!