Pumpkin Egg Nog and Breaking the Rules

During November I have two rules that I live by. 1)Calories- learn moderation so feeling satiated by pumpkin pie doesn't turn into needing a whole new (bigger) wardrobe for Christmas. 2) Absolutely no Christmas ANYTHING is to be seen, heard, or consumed until Santa climbs the steps of the Philadelphia Museum of Art.

Yet, a little something caught my eye that has had me rethinking this game plan.

 
Yes, Hood makes pumpkin egg nog! This is too delicious for words. It is like drinking a pumpkin pie. At 180 calories per 4 ounces, it definitely challenges rule number 1. Yet, I find one 4 ounce serving per day is not going to kill my waist line, and just gives me a bigger appreciation for a salad for lunch.

Now, egg nog is undeniably a Christmas treat. So, it is breaking rule 2. But, wait, pumpkin is a fall flavor! So, indulge and sleep soundly knowing that you have not bought into the commercial ideal that the day after Halloween is suddenly Christmas Eve.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How We Pulled Off a Rainy Day Beach Day in Our Apartment (Tips, Playlist, Recipes)

Mental Realness Vol. 1: Who I Am is Who I Am

New art update!