In Pursuit of the Perfect Cockatail (Part 2) Cinnamon Apple Pucker

A good drink can make a night. It tastes great, doesn't get you too messed up for the evening, and will ensure that you come back to the establishment again and again. There are 3 times that I have found such a drink (not counting beer on tap, but a quality signature cocktail). In part one of this series, I praised the virtue of the appletini from the Lowes Philadelphia. I am continuing with the apple theme for cocktail 2 (personal taste prevails, I guess) but with a major twist. The appletini is smooth and sweet, this one hits you much differently.

I normally avoid specialty "shots" as they are typically overpriced, overfilled with juice, and do not give you a good bang for your buck. Maybe at 22 they were great, and maybe I am just showing my age, and I stay away. But at my hands down favorite place (McGlynns at Pike Creek. It is a great restaurant/pub that is never too loud and the food and atmosphere is always pitch perfect) they have a daily list of drink specials. So for 3 bucks, why not try the applesauce shot. Now, the waiter didn't quite know how to describe it and said "it has green stuff and tastes like applesauce" and since it was a girls night out, why not. Heaven, I tell you. I tastes just like applesauce. Now, we tried making it at home and could NOT get the same result. Oh well, another reason to go back, I suppose. (While you are there, get the nachos and the turkey dijon on pretzel roll, just saying).

So, after our failed attempt at recreating the perfect specialty shot, I have had sour apple pucker and Fireball just sitting around. I normally don't do spice, so I really haven't figured out what to do with it. But thanks to ingenuity, I found it. Boy, did I find it. It isn't the applesauce shot, but it is DELICIOUS.

1 part Fireball Cinnamon Whiskey
1 part orange juice (no pulp)
2 parts Sour Apple Pucker

stir and savor

It tastes like Christmas, I swear. It makes you feel warm, it isn't terribly sweet, and it is perfect for sipping.

Now, since it is March and the drink is green, maybe try it out around St Patricks Day while listening to our latest playlist of Irish music?

Cheers!

KimmayJ is a thirtysomething writer and grad student who thinks unique food, fine drinks, and lots of music and laughter are the prerequisites for any good weekend. You can follow her on facebook, instagram, tumblr, pinterest, and twitter!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How We Pulled Off a Rainy Day Beach Day in Our Apartment (Tips, Playlist, Recipes)

Mental Realness Vol. 1: Who I Am is Who I Am

New art update!