An Apple Pie Recipe So Easy You Can Make It With One Hand

I mean it, because I did just that. The kitchen is a scary place, kids. There are hot ovens, sharp knives... and soup cans on shelves. Yes, soup cans, the arch nemesis of fingers everywhere. Thanks to a very devious one of these buggers, who decided to descend straight onto finger yesterday morning, my left hand is temporarily out of commission. But, I forged ahead with the apple pie because recipes need to be shared and, well, I really love apple pie.

Most of my cooking involves giving convenience food a twist. For this pie, get a pre-made graham cracker crust and some apple pie filling and your work is halfway done for you. The magic is in the crumbly topping. I made this gluten free, just replace the flour with 1 cup gluten free baking flour, certified gf oatmeal, and a gluten free crust. This is what I used. Either way you make it, the recipe does not change.

For the magic topping, you need a packet of instant oatmeal (I used a cinnamon raisin blend), a cup of flour, a quarter cup of brown sugar, a quarter cup of confectioners sugar, and some extra cinnamon. Melt a stick of butter and pour the ingredients in, mix until it is kind of like a dough.

You literally pour the apple filling into the pie crust, top with the crumbles, bake 45 minutes at 350 degrees and boom. Told you, it's so easy you can do it one handed!


Recipe
1 pre-made graham cracker pie crust
21 oz  apple pie filling
1/2 cup butter melted
1 packet instant oatmeal
1 cup flour
1/4 cup brown sugar
1/4 cup confectioners sugar
2 TSP cinnamon

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Place pie crust on cookie sheet. Pour apple pie filling into pie crust. In a saucepan, melt butter. Stir in oatmeal, flour, brown sugar, confectioners sugar, cinnamon. Stir until it forms a dough like consistency. Crumble over pie filling. Bake for 45 minutes.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How We Pulled Off a Rainy Day Beach Day in Our Apartment (Tips, Playlist, Recipes)

Mental Realness Vol. 1: Who I Am is Who I Am

New art update!