A Timeless Favorite: Les Miserables- classic book, beautiful play, now a movie! (With Trailer!)

I know exactly what I am doing this Christmas day. After opening gifts, visiting family, overstuffing myself on roast beef and snickerdoodles, I am heading to the movie theater and watching Les Miserables! I have been in love with this story since I saw it at the Forrest Theater in Philadelphia back when I was in middle school (so, needless to say, a very long time). The music was enchanting, it moved me to tears, and still does to this day.

The book, written in 1862 by Victor Hugo, tells the tale of love, poverty, loss, and redemption during the French Revolution. The story centers around Jean Valjean and the people that he encounters. The novel begins with him being released from prison for stealing bread. He ends up meeting Fantine, a working woman, who must give up her daughter Cosette, who is raised by Valjean as his child. We watch Cosette grow up, and fall in love in the midst of war. We watch Valjean battle for his freedom and escape his past against prison guard Javert. We weep when Marius, who goes to war, weeps over what he has seen. It is an everlasting look at the human spirit, politics, religion, war, and love.


In 1985, the story was revitalized by the play of the same name. It debuted in London and has had lasting success on and off Broadway. The soundtrack is unparalleled! I highly recommend you purchase it on CD or download it. To see if the play is near you, visit http://www.lesmis.com/tickets/tour_dates/

Okay, so, imagine my excitement to watch this trailer :




Please excuse me while I dry my eyes. Yes, this fabulous story is being brought to life on the big screen starring Hugh Jackman, Russell Crowe, Anne Hathaway, and Amanda Seyfried.

I pray this movie does it justice, but by the trailer and cast, I am RUNNING to the theater, and I think you wouldn't be sorry if you did the same as well.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How We Pulled Off a Rainy Day Beach Day in Our Apartment (Tips, Playlist, Recipes)

Mental Realness Vol. 1: Who I Am is Who I Am

New art update!