September Means Pumpkin Coffee and Hard Ciders!



With Autumn on the horizon, we are turning our attention to more seasonal drinks.
                                        

For many, pumpkin lattes are the new fall tradition. They are simply delicious blends of coffee and cream and pumpkin spices. I can't really put into words just how delicious these are. The most popular places to get one are Dunkin' Donuts. It comes hot or iced, if you still have warm temps. One warning, it is very sugary- so either drink with moderation or forgo the whipped cream time to time (Gasp- yes, I know! But we don't want to be as round as a pumpkin when the season is over!)
For regular coffee, Dunkin' Donuts does offer pumpkin k-cups for a limited time, and those I recommend highly. I just bought my first box and I am hooked! A must have for any Keurig owner (and really, who isn't?)!
If you want information on purchasing a Keurig (it will change your life, go here:  I have had one for 2 years, and really do not know how I lived without it!

If you prefer to make your own pumpkin spiced lattes, it isn't that hard to do! Make your espresso or strong coffee as normal, but  in a pan whisk 2 cups milk, 1 Tbsp canned pumpkin, 2 Tbsp sugar, 1 Tbsp vanilla extract, 2 Tbsp pumpkin spice. Heat, pour in mug, top with coffee. Sip, enjoy! (If you want more spice, less pumpkin, omit the canned pumpkin, and you can opt for 1 Tbsp sugar or use a substitute instead).


Hard Cider: The other vice
For years, I have been singing the praises of Woodchuck Cider. And I am still on a hunt for their Pumpkin Private (you can use their site to locate vendors, and I will write more about that later) But, I have fallen in love with Angry Orchard. They have a fun site at www.angryorchard.com It claims to be the hard cider with attitude, and it does not disappoint. Instead of being sweet, it gives apple flavor with a bit of bite. I have tried the Crisp Apple, and I will be going out to get more very shortly. Among their many varieties, the Apple Ginger is one that seems interesting. I will let you know how it is when I try it!


These are currently my three favorite fall drinks. I will be doing more with mixed drinks and family friendly fall drinks over the next month. 

Is there anything you have found that has really made you excited lately?



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How We Pulled Off a Rainy Day Beach Day in Our Apartment (Tips, Playlist, Recipes)

Mental Realness Vol. 1: Who I Am is Who I Am

New art update!